Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Shredded Wheat or Hay?

Yesterday I ate Shredded Wheat for breakfast. Well my 5 year old S insisted that she try it and said she would like, which I knew was unlikely. After a few bites her brother Z asked what she was eating and S very seriously said "hay". When her dad came home from work last night she informed him that she ate hay for breakfast. Of course she didn't like and won't try Shredded Wheat again. I actually like Shredded Wheat, not as much as Lucky Charms though.

I did okay yesterday on my eating but I could have done better. It's hard when I'm home during the day I just want to eat whatever is around. I drank my water and only did the treadmill once.

Wednesday Goals:
  • Walk on the treadmill 30 minutes
  • Drink 8 glasses of water
  • Eat healthy snacks
  • Plan healthy meals for the remainder of the week

I made the Ranch Dressing recipe I posted and I thought it was yummy and easy. The family liked it also but then who doesn't like Ranch? For dinner I made Chipotle Orange Glazed Pork Chops although I didn't use the chipotle and I made the Maple Squash Puree. The pork chops were good and again my family like them. R liked the squash, my 2 girls spit it out and Z wouldn't even try it. I thought it was okay. I'm not a big squash fan (or for that matter I'm not a big vegatable fan) so I have to force myself to eat it, even when there's lots of butter and sugar. I would make both recipes again.

6 comments:

Lorie said...

Your doing good and your recipes sound good. Love the story about hay! lol

Christi said...

That is adorable about the hay!! Good going exercising!

Tammy said...

LOL, LOL I can relate to the "hay" story!! hehe I like shredded wheat too, but sometimes, I actually DO get a piece that tastes like grass!! Only the Costco boxes taste that way, weird huh??
Good job Becky, keep it up, your doing great!!

Patty said...

Sarah is so funny. As long as you are trying, you are probably eating less then you did before.

Tammy said...

How you doing Becky??

Hollys Hobbies said...

I love it when kids are so bluntly honest! It does kinds taste like hay, but if ya throw a cup'o'sugar on it, that goes away-oh, I guess that defeats the purpose! well anyhow, the month is almost over, so next month will be better!